For most people, owning a car comes with a sense of pride for having a valuable asset. That’s why when you hear of a possible hailstorm; the first thing that comes to mind is dashing for the keys and getting your asset to safety and avoiding the hail damage.
The centre was created to offer customers professional service from qualified hailstorm technicians and enable them to get back to the road as fast as possible.
To stay completely safe, follow the steps below to protect your car in case of a hailstorm event:
Generally, storms are intense and severe and being caught in one can be a nightmare, particularly in a place where safety is many miles away.
Even in the absence of a hailstorm, heavy showers can cause visibility problems and flooding along the way. To ensure you are safe, we suggest you:
- Never drive through flooded roads or water
- Pull off your car from the road and try dash to the nearest safe shelter until the storm passes
- Try your best to safeguard your property though your safety should come first—the primary reason why you are insured.
Check Storm Assist’s Hail Guide
Sometimes hailstorms are unpredictable and you may not have all the time to check forecasts or the latest information from the Bureau of Meteorology or Storm Assist for weather alerts. But with Storm Assist’s hail guide, you can receive fresh warnings and stay informed all the way about what to do to avoid the worst of any storm in your area. Ultimately, avoid parking your car under trees or leave it in the open.
Have A Plan
If a hailstorm is heading your way, there are a few things you can do to stay safe and reduce damage including:
- Finding safer shelter – this may include a garage, awning or even an undercover car park.
- When worse comes to worse, use your vehicle’s floor mats to shield the windscreen.
- Always carry some old, heavy blankets or car covers in the boot; and whenever possible, use them to cover your safely parked vehicle.
Need to make an insurance claim? Before making your claim, be sure to contact Storm Assist for a free roof inspection!
- Collect all the required information including insurance policy number and details of the storm event.