As a result of increased risks of property damage, vandalism and contractor injuries, buildings under this category do not qualify for liability, fire insurance or the normal hazard policies. Your preferred insurer should therefore provide you with a building insurance cover.

Basically, a building only insurance protects the permanent fixtures of your property such as the exterior and interior walls, roof, bathroom fittings, floors, ceilings, and outbuildings such as sheds, garages and fences.

Since a building only insurance protects you against the worst, having a good policy that covers full repair or rebuilding in case the unexpected happens is vital in helping to protect your home against a broad range of unpredictable events such as floods, fires, storms or theft.

Storm Assist is an insurance expert you can count on regardless of whether you’re a homeowner, real estate investor or individual just starting out; whatever threatens your building, we’ll help you cover it.

Since our inception, we’ve been helping our clients to compare insurance policies and find the best prices and policies. But, don’t just take our word for it. Our existing clients are thrilled and have rated us the best place to find discounted insurance policies for buildings only.

Every year, we help many of our clients to find new deals that save them money as they seamlessly switch to more affordable insurance providers. Why should you get ripped off by the big insurance companies when you can save on your insurance cover?

Does your flat need a building insurance? Trust Storm Assist to give you peace of mind. Is your building in a flood prone area? No worries.

Our insurance agents can help you protect your home and contents against flooding regardless of where you are. We also encourage our customers to buy a flood insurance cover to protect their properties against the effects of floods.

With our in-depth know how, we help you find insurers with flexible, affordable premiums. If you’re using a mortgage, your lender will insist on a building only insurance cover to safeguard their property. If you’re in a rental, then your landlord should buy a policy to protect the building.

It is important to note that building insurance only covers damage to the building and not the contents.

It’s important also to check with your insurance provider to ensure their policies cover your building against things like accidental damage. When you hire our professional insurance agents, they will ensure the cover is comprehensive and covers you fully since accidental damage currently takes one in three of the claims filed by our contractors meaning it’s worth considering.

Building only insurance policies offered by our professional agents indemnify the cost of repairing damage to the building caused by:

  • Fire, storms and flooding
  • Structural damage as a result of fallen trees
  • Water damage to a building when pipes burst
  • Accidental damage (can be optional)

Need more help with your insurance needs? Take a journey through our insurance services and learn more about our Flood Insurance, Home and Contents insurance and Landlord insurance services.

Storm Tracker

Is your home or business threatened by catastrophic weather events? Don’t get caught out in the storm when you can get help and up-to-date forecasts from Storm Assist – your number one storm tracker.

As one of the leading Sales, Marketing and Business support providers to Contractors who provide storm damage remediation and restoration services in Australia; we guide you into the world of storm tracking devices that guarantee functionality and easy access to mapping information and providing up-to-the-minute news.

From insurance, storm protection services, energy, assessments to weather services, we offer necessary protection, advice and assistance so you will always be up-to-date with the latest and most trusted information about impending storms.

As a trustworthy resource for forecasting and mapping out impending storm movement in Australia, we provide estimations and reliable weather information to help with your basic risk awareness as well as a guide for decision making in the wake of a threatening storm.

Storm Assist is constantly monitoring satellite imagery and storm radars across the country to detect thunderstorms and extreme weather events. 

Severe Thunderstorm Warnings Will Be Issued If The Following Is Expected:

  • Damaging wind gusts (90 km/h or more)
  • Large hail (2cm diameter or more)
  • Very heavy rainfall (conducive to flash flooding)
  • Cyclones 

Note: All thunderstorms generally produce lightning, and many produce gusty winds, brief heavy showers and hail.

Storm Assist endeavours to work closely with trusted weather monitoring sites, like the Bureau of Meteorology, to ensure that our valued customers are alert, informed and supported throughout weather events of all shapes and sizes.


Our Customer Stories

Request Service Today!

Don’t fall victim to the potential hazards that will prevent you from accessing your insurance.

Jump the cue with Storm Assist. The smarter option.